of the Home
- Frige was the Anglo-Saxon
goddess of Marriage, Child-birth and the Home. She should
not be confused with Freo.
- She was also a goddess of the Earth
and the Harvest, and was married to Woden.
- Her sacred animal was the stork. Her sacred
tool was the spinning
- Her sacred constellation in the stars was 'Orion's Belt'.
It is sometimes called 'Frige's Distaff'.
- Her special day was Friday which
means 'Frige's Day'. Her special month may have been September
when the harvest was. This was called 'Holy Month' in Old
- Can you find any places near you
that are named after Frige? Use a map. Look for places beginning
with the words Fro, Froy, Fry or Free.